Simple ways to support your immune system
With an increase in nasty bugs floating around and a huge focus on immunity at the moment, we thought it would be a great time to share some simple tips that can help improve your immune system and keep you feeling your best 😊
Ready to support your immune system naturally? Let’s get stuck in:
* Drink plenty of water. Squeeze some fresh lemon in or sip away on mugs of herbal tea. We particularly love ginger, lemon, chamomile, peppermint, tulsi and green tea.
* Up your intake of fruit and vegetables. Broccoli, Capsicum, Leafy Greens like Kale or Spinach, Mushrooms, Garlic, Ginger, Sweet Potatoes, Citrus Fruit and Berries are at the top of our food shopping list.
* Prioritize sleep. Get to bed earlier each night so you can give your body some extra time to rest and repair. Create a calming night time routine like reading, popping on some essential oil or having a hot bath.
* Move that body. Go for a nice brisk walk, stretch, dance or do whatever feels right for your body but make sure you are doing it consistently. Anything really is better than nothing!
* Enjoy broths. There are plenty of recipes online for vegetable broths that are quick and tasty, and loaded with nutrients. Your body will thank you for it.
* Wash your hands regularly. Use plenty of soap and hot water while aiming for 30 seconds of washing (sing happy birthday to yourself twice) then dry with a clean towel or paper towel.
* Load up on Ahi Cider. Include an extra dose or two or three throughout your day! We’ve been popping a teaspoon - a tablespoonful in a small bit of water and then throwing it back like a quick shot. Ahhh 😌 Loaded with natural antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, Ahi cider is a herbal health tonic traditionally used to support the gut, digestion and immune system so it is perfect to stock up on coming into winter or cold and flu season.
* Get some vitamin D. Pop outside for a little sunshine on your skin but be sure not to get burnt. 10-15 min outside of the suns most harshest burn time is fab.
* Reduce stress. Stress causes havoc on your body as well as your immune system so take a few deep breaths, spend time doing things that bring you joy, call a family member or a friend or pop some calming feel good music on.
* Ditch the smoking. Easier said than done we know but it will be one of the best things you do for your health, we believe in you!
Support your immune system and cherish your body. It is the only one you will ever get!
In GOOD health,